Thursday 19 February 2015

Colour Style - Part 3 (Kitchen and appliances)


 
Above are my kitchen colours.  After my last kitchen being white gloss cupboards and grey stone benches, I was after something a little different colour-wise.  I am going for Sorrell coloured cabinetry, with the rear island cupboard and double oven tower to be in Moose laminex.  The overheads are Sublime Teak with a horizontal grain.  Benchtops are Caesarstone Snow, and the glass splashback around the window is Whisper White (same as internal paint colour).
 
Here is the layout plan overall, and for the two main walls of the kitchen. 
 
 
I was a little disappointed in the range of pull-out mixers at Cosham, there was pretty much only one old-style mixers with vegie spray.  I opted for the Argo square sink mixer which I can replace after handover with a pull-out mixer.  However, I love that I get the same mixer in the laundry as a no-cost upgrade. 
 
I have opted for minimal tab pull handles, except for the overheads on the window side, which have a longer lip on the cabinets so no handle is required. 
 
 
I have opted for the same brand/type of appliances as in my previous house, all sourced separately, except for the undermount rangehood which had to be done through Henley so that the cabinetry could be done, as the cabinets for undermount rangehoods are quite fiddly. 
 
I love large cutlery draws, which I also had when we renovated our kitchen in the last house.  So the cutlery will be on one side of the cooktop, and the utensils on the other. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We have three Windsor 21 doors on the ground level (would have loved to have put more in but had to keep costs down).  They are the pantry door, the laundry door and the powder room door.   
 

 
I had upgraded to the square Technika sink, however when I discovered there was a Franke one which also came with accessories, that was slightly cheaper and had rounded corners, I opted for that one instead.  We had a fabulous deep square sink in the last kitchen but dirt would get stuck in the corners and it was quite hard to get into to clean, the round one is just as deep so hopefully will have no trouble washing my larger items (once I get another pull-out mixer tap of course ;)).
 
Ideally I would have liked the island bench to be a little longer, but what it lacks in length it definitely makes up in depth.  The standard island benches with Henley are very generously sized. 
 
We have gone for the side and rear overhang as we want to have a corner sort of breakfast bar for casual meals or snacks.  We also added in the rear offset cabinet at the back, I loved how it looked in one of the kitchen styles.  However, we did have a waterfall in, and the rear cabinet in line with the rest of the cabinets) but removed it to cut down on costs.  My husband is concerned about the laminex on the top edges of that rear cupboard being damaged easily. 
 
We also had a pull-out bin in our last kitchen, which I had included in this kitchen, but removed it due to a minor disagreement with the husband ;)  I loved our old bin, he did not, so I had to compromise - we can always add something in later if needed. 
 
The kitchen layout should end up similar to this picture, with some extra cupboards thrown in.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment