Wednesday 4 March 2015

Call Call Carpet Call... (and don't go into a shop!)

I finally dropped by my local Carpet Call to get a sample of our carpet, well just because I can!  The sales person at Carpet Call said they don't give out samples, that I needed to go to the builder, or can borrow samples if I needed to take to furniture places or wherever, which I found strange - I could not even buy a sample!  So that was a waste of a trip. 

I got home and called Carpet Call head office where I was transferred to the MainVue representative, who was more than happy to send out a sample no problems, which I should receive by the end of the week, too easy. 

Anyhou, here is a photo of our carpet selection, we have gone with Lasting Impressions "Autumn" which is Cat 3.  We also upgraded to the top underlay as it is the underlay that makes the carpet! 

Our last house was a dark Aubergine (eggplant) colour which showed up all the light bits of dirt, so we have gone a mid-range shade of brown, not too light (which shows the stains) and not too dark (which shows all the dirt on the top of the carpet). 



1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Congratulation on your build with main vue.

    Was wondering if you could share with me how much does the upgrades cost with them?

    I was initially was going to build with PD as well but pulled out as the charge through the roof for anything that's not standard.

    Many thx,
    LEon G.

    ReplyDelete