Sunday 22 February 2015

An Afternoon of Landscape Design

My husband has started asking about landscaping for the front yard, showing me some nearby examples of what he likes, so I decided to start the landscape design for the front yard.  Pretty much spent most of the afternoon turning the façade pic into our design concept for the front yard.  I am pretty happy with what I came up with using Powerpoint and lots of cutting and pasting from the net!
 
The main items we want in the design are :
  • exposed aggregate concreting
  • multiple platform decking for steps (our house is going to be slightly higher, so we will have a slope to the front yard).
  • raised rendered planter boxes (one L-shape at the front, the rear one is straight along the portico
We want to include some nice trees as features, and to give the yard some height.  The plants will not be exactly as shown, they are for image purposes only.  I like using plants with different coloured foliage and different sized shrubs to give the garden depth and character.   I think a lot of people are in such a rush to get their front yard done and their plants in, they don't think about how the yard will evolve as it grows, in our area a lot of the new houses don't have enough trees if any in their yards.  I forgot to mention that I hate gardening!
 
Let's hope we can pull it off ;)
 
 
 



Below is the end product after re-doing our front landscaping in our last house three times!  Some of the plants needed trimming in this pic (okay well probably most of them!), and you miss the roughly hedged trees on either side, but you get the effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment