Thursday 19 February 2015

Colour Style - Part 2 (Stairs and Feature Light)

Okay, so with our stairs, we have opted for a platform at the bottom, stainless steel balusters and timber handrail.  Ultimately I think glass looks the best, but due to costs and cleaning, have gone with steel rods. 
 
The stairs on the Emporio have a large platform in the middle of the flight, and with the tall window at the end, it is a nice feature.
 
Here are some photos from the display of the stairs.
 
We are going for Henley Clear stain on the timber work, and stainless steel finish to the balusters. 
 
I had a gift voucher to spend which expired in January for a lighting shop, so went and bought a light for above the middle landing.  This is the only place I am having any decorative pendant style lighting as I want a minimalist type look. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There were a few lights that caught my eye, which I have pictured below. 
 
 
 
 I was with my daughter and our favourite was the sphere (the one pictured had yellow inside, but we liked the lime green colour which was an option. 
 
The first one was a bit too angular for me.  My husband (on the phone) liked the second one (without the black - which was an option).  Then I stumbled across the last one, I love the timber and white look at the moment. 
 
My husband called back and said don't get the white one!  Too late - I am not a fan of the shadows with the timber lights (even though designers will say it is a nice feature with a light shade throwing shadows all over the room), it would annoy me.  My husband was concerned with the dust to which I claimed I would get a step ladder and keep it clean. 
 
I know the white light is not designed for voids, it is more of a dining table light, but I have bought it for the look, not the function ;)  Anyway, if it ends up looking crap I can move it into the bedroom and get a different light...
 
This is the look I am after for the stairs (in a lighter stain).  Would love to have the zig-zag effect along the side but not possible as the side will not be exposed. 

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment