Friday 7 March 2014

Last Chance Project - A Cabin

We were lucky enough to find a riverside holiday spot with an old permanent caravan and annexe on it.   I was so excited as this was my chance to create and design a mini house, as I was sure we would not be building again if at all for a long time.  


I set to work designing the cabin using the room planner app.  It had to be a simple design with sleeping rooms, bathroom/laundry and living space, with pergola and an external kitchen to be added when finance allowed.  


Due to timeframe I only had a couple of days to select colours.  Lucky there was not much to choose from regarding windows and external surfaces.



















While it was being built I set to work sourcing inexpensive furniture from eBay, various sales on online shops, and IKEA to deck it out.  I wanted to have a little fun with it.  I called my theme "quirky/nature"!  I searched for anything with animals on it, and colourful furniture items.  I love shopping when I know what I am looking for.


The very first purchase I made was this moose head ...








... It lived on the wall in house two until the cabin was ready but I was tempted to just buy another one for the cabin as I had grown quite used to it.


Some interior pics of the cabin :  

























We have since built a deck out the front, added a shed and turfed.   Have added some more furniture and bits and pieces but I think I will move on to the actual blog subject which is probably the reason you came to my blog!












No comments:

Post a Comment