Monday 21 April 2014

Bathroom 1 Selections

I am starting with the shared bathroom as I think I had more of a brief to follow/a clear direction when I selected the colours and tiles.  This bathroom will be shared by my daughters.  When asking my kids what colours they preferred for the bathroom, they went through photos I had added to my bathroom ideabook on Houzz, showing me what they liked.  My kids are also avid watchers of The Block (even my five year old!).  The colours/tile selections for this room were based on Kyal and Kara's bathroom - the one with the egg bath!



Basically we were going for grey tiles, contrasting white shower (with grey grout - not having any white grout in the new house from a cleaning perspective), and light timberwork (laminate).  

Here is the bathroom tile plan...



Here are the bathroom samples and selections...







I would have preferred a whiter bench top, however budget did come into consideration there.  I was not planning on putting floor to ceiling tiles anywhere throughout the house, but with sticking to mainly cat 1 tiles, it was not too much extra to do that.  

I chose the bath/shower wall for the floor to ceiling tiles, as it would also be reflected in the mirror, so you see it wherever you are looking from.  

I am going to get freestanding towel rails for this bathroom, in either a light timber or stainless finish.


cabinet handles



basin

basin mixer tap

shower rail

shower mixer

toilet roll holder














No comments:

Post a Comment