Saturday 12 April 2014

Ch ch ch ch changes...

I didn't know if I was Arthur or Martha during tender.  I changed my mind so many times, and added many things only to take them back out again, and then some back in, only to take them out again at contract, and then add some others.  Might have driven my BC and CC a little nuts, but we got there in the end (with a couple of post contract variations - and maybe a couple more to come!).

The main things changed often and back and forth were window sizes and materials, doors and stone bench tops.  I always had a constant list of changes that needed to be checked if they had been done, changes to be done at electrical, changes to be done at colours, changes to be done at tender, changes for contract, and even at contract there were still some unresolved issues which will end up being post-contract variations. 

Some of the things I wanted but had to sacrifice in the end included glazed internal doors for upstairs, upgraded roof tiles, and rainwater tank for toilet flushing. 

Here are some of the façade representations (the one to the right is the PD façade image from their website) I created to help me decided on whether to keep my timber stained windows at the front (I had already changed the feature doors and windows at the back to aluminium).  I had about eight different versions (colours are not what I am getting but just an eample only to show where the different Hebel surfaces are).  The timber windows and sliding door upstairs ended up being changed to aluminium.  The front of my house is facing directly north so we didn't fancy getting up there every year for maintenance.  The only timber remaining at the front is the pivot door, and the timber-look garage door.  











No comments:

Post a Comment